Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Dresser TD8-E and when the machine is cold it seems

Customer Question

I have a Dresser TD8-E and when the machine is cold it seems to move fine, however after about five or ten minutes when I stop the machine to shift into reverse it will not move, it acts like the brake is on forward the same thing.
If I let it cool down for a while it moves again.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check the transmission filter/strainer for signs of fine metal or friction material indicating a possible pump or other internal failure. Also, look for burnt or discolored oil indicating internal problems as well as proper oil level. If clean the next step is to have the pressures tested with mechanical guages and confirm the pressures are within OEM specs to isolate the problem down to either pump, internal leakage, control valve or other problem. Let me know the results and I will be glad to help you further if needed