Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a L120 E when it get warm the gear will go booth fw

Customer Question

Hi, I have a L120 E when it get warm the gear will go booth fw and rev. sometimes it comes up that the park brake is on when tis happen
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help you with this issue. Reading your question I believe what happens is it doesn't go into gear once its warm is that right? Does the dash say gearshift solenoid error or gearshift error? Its possible if the dash is original that is the issue as well. Remove the dash and on the back will be a white tag. See if it has a part number ending in 4402. If so it should be replaced since they all fail about 3-5000 hours. Ohming the solenoids wont help much since they are PWM solenoids. Heat will effect their operation usually around 200 degrees. The column shifter is also a popular failure point so I will play with the shifter to see if I can recreate the issue by moving quickly back and fort or jiggling the lever. Secondly I will use the F/r controls by the joystick to see if that changes the issue at all and possibly isolating that it is solenoid issue. Let me now where your at and I will be glad to assist. Dan.