Derek Neustaeter
Derek Neustaeter,
Experience:  Heavy Equipment Technician at Warner Industries
90335403

Looking on at 247b 06 how to pull the track bearings off the

Customer Question

Looking on at 247b 06 how to pull the track bearings off the rollers and
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Derek Neustaeter replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** qualified Heavy Equipment Mechanic. I can guide you through the process of remove the rollers from the undercarriage of your 247b Caterpillar Skid Steer.

In order to remove the roller from the skid steer the following must be completed:

- Using a floor jack, lift the appropriate side of the skid steer off the ground and lock using jackstands.

- Using the track tensioner located in the center of the track, loosen the tension on the track until there is enough slack to remove the roller from the unit.

- Next, remove the retaining ring from the roller, and then the dust cap from the roller assembly.

- Now the bearings and races will be accessible for service. Once they are removed it is sometimes necessary to pry the wheel off the shaft.

This should answer the question you have about the roller on your skid steer. If you have any other questions I would be happy to help. If you are happy with the answer please leave a rating on the service you received today, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks for contacting, I hope you have a great day!
Derek

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I no how to take roller of I need to no how to get the bearing out of the roller

The bearing and race are a pressed fit into the roller. In order to remove the bearing you will need a socket approximately 2 inches in diameter i believe. They can be pounded out using a hammer, or using a stationary press if you have one available to you. Be sure to remove the retaining ring before you remove the bearing.

This should help you get that bearing out!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it come out the front or the back

The bearing can be removed from the same side as the retaining ring was removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you vary much

You are very welcome my friend. Make sure when you install the new bearings you pack them well with grease. Also be sure to replace the bearing as well as the race, they are a matched set.

If you are happy with the service I provided today, please leave me a positive feedback before you leave. If you ever need help with anything else, I would be happy to help you out!

Take care

Were you able to remove the bearing?