Derek Neustaeter
Derek Neustaeter,
Experience:  Heavy Equipment Technician at Warner Industries
90335403

I have a skyjack 3219 year 2006. it raises to 10 feet and

Customer Question

I have a skyjack 3219 year 2006. it raises to 10 feet and stops. Can you tell me the problem ?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Derek Neustaeter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm a registered Heavy Duty Mechanic. Lets see if we can get your concern sorted out.

Most skyjacks operate on a hydraulic system powered either electrically or by a diesel engine, in your case it is electrically driven. The first thing to check would be a sufficient amount of hydraulic fluid in the tank. There is usually a sight glass on the side of the tank to indicate the proper level. If it is below this level, the pump can't move any more fluid to extend the hydraulic cylinder any further. Is the battery full charged and still allow the unit to drive when lift is in use?

I advise to check these few things and we should have your problem sorted in no time!
Derek

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fluid is completely full and that batteries are completely charged the machine will go forward and backward but when I go up 10 feet

Thats great, sounds like we have the basics covered. In order to further diagnose your problem I need a little bit more information:

-Does your particular model have control only from the basket, or from the side as well? If it has 2 panels, does the problem exist using both panels?

- When lifting the basket, does the hydraulic pump continue to run when it stops, or does the hydraulic pump quit altogether?

- Is the lift being used on level ground when raising the basket?

These questions will help me determine the cause of your problem.

Thanks,

Derek

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We changed all control boxes and it still has the same problem when the lift Rises 10 feet the motor stops and it is on level ground

Ok, so now we need to find whether the problem is related to the hydraulics or the electrical. If you can located where all of the solenoids are located we need to find the solenoid that controls the up portion of the hydraulics valve. To find this operate the valve and unplug the solenoids one by one until the up doesn't operated. Inspect the wiring for this solenoid. Voltage can be applied to see if the basket will then go all the way to the top.

Try this and if you have any other questions, or need something clarified, just let me know. If you have a specific question about the machine a picture can help out as well.

Thanks,

Derek