Derek Neustaeter
Derek Neustaeter,
Experience:  Heavy Equipment Technician at Warner Industries
90335403

What causes tachi ex 60 to blow hyd oil filters

Customer Question

what causes hitachi ex 60 to blow hyd oil filters
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Derek Neustaeter replied 1 year ago.

Hello There! I am a qualified Heavy Equipment Technician and would love toy help you out today!

Most hydraulic oil filters are on the return side of the hydraulic system, as they are not capable of handling the 2000-4000 psi of pressure a hydraulic system can produce. Therefore the problem you are having is likely cause by either an incorrect filter installed on the system, or a kink or blockage in between the filter housing and the hydraulic tank.

The solution: Make sure that you have the correct filter installed for your application. If the filter is correct, ensure that there are no kinks or blockages from the filter housing to the hydraulic tank. One of these will be the solution to your problem.

If you need further assistance, I would be happy to help. If not feel free to leave your feedback if you are satisfied with the information provided.

Thanks,

Derek