Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a Vermeer lm42 that keeps going forward and won't

Customer Question

I have a Vermeer lm42 that keeps going forward and won't stop. The lever on top of the hystat is moving but it won't stop or reverse. Any ideas?
Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. First cut open the hydraulic filter and look for fine metal indication a pump/hydrostatic drive failure occurring. If the controls are engaging on the hystat but there is no response internally then either there is a problem with the control valve or you have internal problems with the hystat drive itself. Finding metal in the filter and system will confirm a hystat failure ( will look like fine glitter in the oil and filter). If it is clean then inspect the control valve and relief cartridges for damaged o rings and debris causing a bypass of pressure or them to stick open. Let me know the results and if you need more help.