Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

1150 G dozer will not move. when we first start we can

Customer Question

Customer: 1150 G dozer will not move. when we first start we can notice the drive shaft turns very slowly, once it gets turning a full speed it seems to be fine. The dozer will push good so I have a hard time believing we need a complete torque. Also noticed that the fill tube on the transmission will constantly be blowing air out making me believe there is air coming in from somewhere, but where. Machine does not seem to be losing any oil overnight
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Problem started on a cold day in February but when it got warmer it seemed ok. Just onece in a while it would take a bit of time to kick in. Seems to be progressively worse. Today it worked for a bit then faded out while backing up
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $54) to post your type of question to Heavy Equipment Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. How long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was there any more thought on theses questions, or are you still working on it
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

The charge pump is sucking air. Check the suction side of the pump. Somewhere there is bad hose or connection, or filter problem.