Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager
Experience:  Construction equipment repair technician since 1986, JLG certified, Shop manager since 2006.
75637220

My display bobcat s185 got stolen, if I get a replacement

Customer Question

Hi, My display for a bobcat s185 got stolen, if I get a replacement will it just plug in work with our old start code?Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 1 year ago.

I really don't want you to pay me for this because a call to your Bobcat dealer service manager could confirm this, but I'm near certain the user codes and master code is stored in the main controller (ECU) on the machine. The keypad simply communicates (sends inputs) to the main controller, it doesn't store information, storing information is the task of the main controller. Don't give me a rating on this question and you won't be paying me anything, the only way I get paid is if you give me a positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you very much, ill contact a bobcat dealer on Monday.Thanks, Doug

I hope you get it sorted out. I hate thieves. Like I said, I'm near certain the codes are stored in the main controller, but that's of little comfort when you have to purchase a new key pad console because someone lifted yours. Did I mention I hate thieves?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, purchased a new keyless pannel and it worked fine. Pannel wasn't cheap but happy it worked without having to get tech onsite.Thanks, Doug

Good to hear you got it all fixed up. Cheers!