catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

I I have a th 460 telehandler cat and everything but the

Customer Question

I I have a th 460 B telehandler cat and everything but the steering and tilt is not working so basically anything to do with a joystick is not working I tried the hydraulic lockout switch but that doesn't seem to be working any ideas
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am sorry no one could help you earlier. If you still need it, I will be glad to help you.

I often find damage to the wires at the ecm harness next to the frame. Many tend to rub through the sheathing and short out the wires. Follow the harness from the ecm and areas around the frame. Repair any damage you find.

This machine is electronic controlled so, the only way to really find the problem is to view the codes.

I will attach a file to show you how to view the codes from the display windows in the dash. Copy the codes in the order they scroll out and be sure to note the active codes. We can then narrow down the possible problems and maybe find a repair you can do. Some repairs may require the dealer to perform programming but, not all repairs will.