Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.
30708357

I have a 3208 cat I bled all the injector lines using the

Customer Question

I have a 3208 cat I bled all the injector lines using the manual pump above the fuel filter but when I turn the moter over with the starter I do not get any fuel out of the pump so how do I proceed .
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking your question. I will try and help you out.

Did the engine just not start one day? Or did it shut down while running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had it been starting it about every 6 months then I went to start it &the battery & alternator were stolen , so I got the battery back & I installed a none working alternator just to run the water pump. but now it dose not start.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information.

It sounds like you have bled the fuel good. Since it will not start. I would first suspect a shutdown solenoid problem. I see this a lot. I would first check and make sure the solenoid is getting power. It has two wires and is on top of the fuel system. If it has power you could have a bad solenoid. To test just remove the solenoid. If the engine starts. The solenoid is bad. To shut it off just use a screwdriver to push down on the lever inside the fuel system.

Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.

Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.

I see you had opened another question. If removing the solenoid did not allow the engine to start. I would suspect the fuel system has failed. I have seen this many times. If you see fuel coming out of the bolt holes. This means the fuel system has failed. I am sorry. I wish I had better news. The fuel system would need to be removed and rebuilt or replaced. I am sorry. I wish I had better news.