Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on many road graders, Bull dozers , skid steers, Rollers
6825259

Tachi UH083 stall when moving or using arms

Customer Question

Hitachi UH083 stall when moving or using arms
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, So it does sound like the pump is not de=stroking and this could be a sticky regulator or clogged foot valve sending the signal back to the pump. If its only the arm and not the other functions that will narrow the possibility to arm related componets. Since i'm not farmiliar with the Hitachi i will opt out and let another expert assist. Thanks

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

HI I'm Wayne

I see you been waiting a long time

Do you still need help with this

let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Yeah still an issue, all hydraulic function if attempted to use without backing off quickly will cause the engine to stall, even with full power on the engine. Walker, use of the arm (Boom or Big Arm), probably not the bucket control but dont recall - its been a while since I have tried to use it as well so will have to double check, but the reason it hasnt was its inability to walk the thing more than a foot at a time, have to constantly back off where as in the past would just go without issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also this site has only started working again. The first contact I couldnt acknowledge as going to this site gave me unauthorised access errors. Now its working.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Morning

Thank you for that

Sorry that you had problems signing in

I am going to say the it sound s like the control valve is faulty

and internal and letting fluid leaking pass seals, and

putting to much pressure on the engine

I suggest you replace the control valve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah one thing i recall is if pop track up so no load is on it then it would turn happily, just with weight and load it would stall. Control valve sounds pricey - thats the whole block of redirection mechanisms for passing oil through the various lines or some form of check valve. A previous mechanic mentions clogged foot valve but cant see any details on the parts list book.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A friend of my uncle who was a Diesel mechanic once said it sounded like a valve (bypass?) - common issue and not much of a problem to replace (nothing so grand as control valve - didnt sort of say ooh thats going to be expensive - more so - yeah that often goes and needs replacing implying a simple change - though when i got back to the parts list the excavator is full of valves :))
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that

you can get rebuilt control valve

1/2 the price, of new and warranty also

That is my thoughts on this issue