catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

I have a D5G LGP RKG02343 today I started the dozer and the

Customer Question

I have a D5G LGP RKG02343 today I started the dozer and the right side track started pulling forward with the joystick in the center I had to turn the key off to stop it . Restarted engine and only the left side pulls but the joy stick stops and starts forward and reverse
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

This is could be an electrical issue. Do you have any warning lights?

Look at the RED LED in the fuse box and check if it is on. If so, you have an active fault code that can be viewed.

If not, you may need to perform pressure testing to find the area of the problem. This may help locate the issue but, you may need to dealer to verify the issue by using their ET software to perform the complete pressure and flow testing. Or, you will be throwing money at a problem you are not sure is bad.

Attached below is a file that will show you have to retrieve the fault codes. Check for codes even if you do not have an active fault as this may point to the trouble spot