dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Experience:  Road Mechanic for Volvo Construction Equipment.
11640745

I have a 2006 Volvo ec290 lc excavator. Was walking, and the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Volvo ec290 b lc excavator. Was walking, and the engine just quit. There is power to the cab. Batteries test good. All fuses are good. Turn key nothing happens. Error codes read 187 SID and ecu 250.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switched out relays, didn't work. There's power to the starter, but not engaging. Breakers above battery box test good. Still nothing.
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, okay how about putting in manual mode and trying to start?

I would be also asking if you installed new relays into r3 and r4 spots?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No manual mode did not work. And yes to new relays

If just usingh the panel relays its possible they are also bad. Also check the wiring right below the relays for chaffes wher it leaves the plugs and rounds down into the battery box. Broken wire on the auto manual switch will do it as well, plug corosion behind the seat too, so inspect the plugs for corrosion by openning them one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All good. Did all this in trouble shooting

okay if manual mode isn't working then i would look at the auto manual switch and the spot under the fuse panel for a burnt or chaffed wire. Several times i have had broken or chaffed wires here from the metal edges or screw rubbing on the harness as the seat moves up and down.

Okay thanks for that info, one other thing is to unplug vecu, behind the seat, try to start, if not take a look at the i-ecu if equiped for corrosion on the panel behind the back cover. 4 torx screws will reveal a plug at the bottom once removing from machine. many times you will see water stains on the external part of the casing indicating water has entered.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pretty sure all is good but will double check. Not at machine right now. Be at it in 2 hours thouh. Then I'll check again

cool, i will be back at the office about then and i can look at the schematic and see if we find our common denominator together. 2-3 hours out.

does this machine have an digital I-ecu or mechanicle guages on the ecu by the knees

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry just seen your reply. Figured it out tho. The engine ecu was fried so it's fixed now.
okay glad your up and running. thanks for letting me try to help. Dan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I tried to request a refund but cannot find the link. So I am requesting a refund as I no longer require any assistance. The machine is operable. I appreciate your help, but all of the responses were in relation to troubleshooting, which I had already done. If I require your assistance in the future though I would do so again. Hopefully with better results. Thank you once again and please process my refund ASAP. Thanks

I will send a request as well.i agree you repaired on your own. Let me know if I can help further, thanks dan