Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I'm working on this Hyundai LC-7 Excavator It has a Cummings

Customer Question

I'm working on this Hyundai LC-7 Excavator
It has a Cummings engine and the shut off solenoid when running in the idel position gets really hot cant even touch it but when running on high idle it is ok what's going on the wires can only go on 2 ways there are three wires 1 ground and two hots one for hold in and the other for pull if the wires are reversed the unit wont run so it has to be wired correctly . I have burned up 2 solenoids already because they are getting over heated
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/account/my-questions.aspx?rpt=2200##ixzz3iU51blsx
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, How are ya? Thanks for the request. I have not been able to get on the site as much lately as I have been slammed with feild work and other things going on but it should slow down more heading into the fall. I will do my best to help you with this as I am able but it will be mostly late nights and some early mornings when I am able to get on for follow ups. If that works then let me know the complete model and serial numbedr of the machine so I can see if I can come up with the right schematic for the machine. Let me know.