Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

The brakes locked up on my 55b wheel loader. I changed both

Customer Question

The brakes locked up on my clark 55b wheel loader. I changed both(###) ###-####"air relay valves" and right pedal valve (disconnected air to left pedal valve).
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have parts book on the unit? There will be a quick release valve for the brakes. When the foot pedal releases the pressure to the system, the quick release valve has to dump the air to the brakes. If quick release does not open, brake stays applied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have the parts manual that came with it. We have a "valve check" p/n(###) ###-####but not had time to replace it yet (very hard to get to) nothing in the parts manual is named "quick release valve". There is really nothing else shown in the parts manual that looks applicable and the "valve check" looks very simple to cause the problem, that is why we thought maybe we are overlooking something obvious someone could point out. This system is not pure air brakes, it is air over hydraulic with disc brakes.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is the hydraulic master cylinder returning or is it stuck on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removing the air lines to BOTH front and back master cylinders air actuators allows the machine to move okay. There is air to the master cylinders air actuators when shouldn't be.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Where is this valve check shown to be?? Only check valves I know of, would be at air tank