catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

I have a Cat 939c, I replaced battery it cranked over once

Customer Question

I have a Cat 939c, I replaced battery it cranked over once didn't start since I hadn't primed it. 2 nod try gauges came on but didn't turn over just had a clicking noise behind the gauge panel, 3rd time no power. I took off positive cable put it back on all it would do is make the same clicking noise acts as if the battery is dead , I have replaced the iginition
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.

Check for power from green wire at key switch when in cranking position. This wire will go to neutral "safety lever" switch in the left console. With the safety lever down, the power will leave the neutral/brake switch and run back to the start relay in the dash on the pink wire.

This closes the neutral relay and then power will travel from the white wire of the start relay to the starting motor solenoid.

If power is going the the white wire on the starter motor solenoid, the start maybe the problem.

Verify you have a good battery cable for both positive and ground then have the starter tested.

If you need further help, please post the full machine serial number with your reply.