Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a CAT Skidsteer 299 D. Seems like the track motor will

Customer Question

I have a CAT Skidsteer 299 D. Seems like the track motor will lock up temporarily on both sides. It doesn't happen simotaneously. When it happens it feels like one side locks up but the other still rotates. Sometimes it clears on its own and sometimes the machine has to be shut down to reset. Once the machine has been restarted it may operate fine for 30 minutes but then will lock back up again. My thought is a speed sensor or low pilot pressure. Any idea what could be the solution?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Does this machine have the monitor screen installed?Are you seeing any fault codes or lights?What conditions is this machine working in? (clear land, rough terrain, mud)What is the full machine serial number?