Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

The hydraulic fluid on my Dig It backhoe is just pouring out

Customer Question

The hydraulic fluid on my Dig It backhoe is just pouring out and we are not able to get the bucket or any other hydraulic accessories to work without the fluid just spraying out. 1.) Do you know what the problem might be? 2.) Is it repairable? 3.) Do you know of anyone in the Ukiah, CA area that might be able to repair this problem? Ukiah is about 2 hours north of San Francisco.
I would appreciate any help you might be able to provide.
Regards,
Leslee
***********************
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help if you still need help. It sounds like you most likely blew a hydraulic hose. There are many places this could happen. With the covers open/off to get a good visual on the area of the leak, have someone watch to see the location to try to pinpoint the possible failed hose. Most NAPA and some other auto parts stores make hydraulic hoses. If it is a hose, the old one can be brought in so they can make a new hose for you. Let me know if you need more help