Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Leeboy paver 8515, jumps into reverse when going forward. Changes

Customer Question

Leeboy paver 8515, jumps into reverse when going forward. Changes steering boxes but did not solve the problem. Could this be a wiring issue? Please give me your ideas
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Most likely the problem is going to be on the control side of the circuit. Thoroughly inspect the wiring harness for chafed, damaged, loose, or shorted wiring and connections. For some reason reverse is being powered up when it should not be. Look at the harness on the back of the controls panel as well to see if there are any shorted wiring or switches. Test the continuity of the switches as well. Let me know.