dd85
dd85, Technician
Experience:  Service amanger for over 15 years
15057492

I have a T6070 New Holland the battery went dead replaced it

Customer Question

I have a T6070 New Holland the battery went dead replaced it and now the transmission park is on there is a way to reset it but I don't know how
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
does it showElectronic park lock (EPL) error code 12212 displays.?If so, Unless you have the Special tool you will have to contact the Dealer.Error code 12212 indicates 'Factory - Accelerometer Not calibrated / EPL orientation Not configured'.The accelerometer is calibrated during the Electronic Park Lock (EPL) calibration.If this error code appears on the display then one of three things happened:EPL orientation is incorrectly configured.A new EPL controller was installedSoftware was downloaded to the EPL controllerPower was lost to the EPL and it defaultedBefore a calibration can be performed the EPL must be configured and initialized.With diagNostic tool###-##-####connected enter H menu ** H3 for the transmission, channel 2 and enable the parklock (EPL), save by pressing and holding the down arrow until the dash beeps, then key off.**Note: the letter designation for the transmission controller differs dependant on whether the tractor is emission level Tier 3 or Tier 4.Enter the EPL H menu XA H3 and set and save channel 1 to 'Yes' and channel 2 to 'No', key off.Enter the EPL H menu XA H3 and set and save channel 2 to 'Yes' if trailer brakes are present, or 'No' if trailer brakes are Not present.Note: when configured incorrectly this setting can have an adverse effect on drivability and deceleration.Enter the EPL H menu XA H3 and set and save channel 3 to 'Frt' for front or 'Sld' for side.Note: When configured incorrectly it can have an adverse effect on drivability and deceleration.Initialize the EPL:SetupPlace the tractor on level ground.Depress both of the service brake pedals.Place the handbrake lever in the released (down) position.Turn the key to the RUN position.Initialization procedure:Place the Forward/Reverse/Park (FRP) lever in the 'rest' position. The 'rest' position is the area of lever movement where the lever is Not in forward, reverse or park.Press the 'Neutral Button' on the top of the lever. The brake will activate.Place the FRP in park.The park brake will apply.The end of the reinitialization is confirmed when the amber action request symbol < ! > No longer displays and parking brake symbol ( P ) illuminates without flashing. The Apply (Figure 2) or Release (Figure 3) symbols will also display to show the state of the EPL.Calibrate the EPLPark on flat open surface, ensure that the handbrake is released (lever down) and the shuttle lever is in park.Enter the XA H1 menu.The display will show 'CAL'. Using the down arrow/minute buttons select 'INC' accelerometer calibration.Press the down arrow/minute button again to start the calibration.The display will change to intermittently show 'INC' and calibrated value.When the calibration is complete, the display will show 'SC".Press and hold down arrow/minute button to calibrate the release position. The display will show a horizontal line which will move downward, and the EPL release symbol will be displayed.When the released position has been calibrated, the display will show 'M'. Release the button.Press and hold down arrow/minute button to calibrate the applied position. The display will show a horizontal line which will move upward, and the EPL applied symbol will be displayed.When the calibration is complete, the display will show 'APP', followed by the applied position and the 'REL', followed by the release position.Key off to store the calibration values.
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Did you get the park brake to unlock?
If I helped you please remember to Rate my answer.