Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Curtis I am Nancy Dimick and I have a question My 310D Backhoe

Customer Question

Hi Curtis I am Nancy Dimick and I have a question My 310D Backhoe the brake is stuck in the park on position
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The park brake will go on but will not release. The electric one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I filled it up with diesel it worked for awhile not brake won't release
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can call me at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP48/TP48822________UN29JUN95.gif
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP46/TP46937________UN18FEB95.gif
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The park brake is applied and released through an electric solenoid valve. Are you getting battery voltage to the electric solenoid? It has to open and close, which should move the actuator cylinder in and out. Is the actuator moving? If actuator is moving, the brake shoe may be worn and needs to be replaced. Look at the two Deere images I sent. Me phoning you would do no good!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. I thought I would be called and have not. I am waiting. Should I notify someone else? I'll wait `20 min then cancel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can he e-mail. Tell us to manually release the park brake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this hole thing. Please don't charge my 49.00 or the 18.00 if you put my card on it. I will check with my bank to ensure its cancelled.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Unhook the linkage from the actuator, which should release the brake band.