Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

615 cat scraper, became hard to steer, and developed a pop

Customer Question

615 cat scraper, became hard to steer, and developed a pop in right front wheel, acts like the dif. Engaged but the pedal is disabled, older machine ,just did new 3306 this past winter.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I will be glad to help if you still need it.I have not seen this problem myself unless the diff-lock was connected. Have you verified no line is connected to the diff-lock?Have you inspected the brakes for problems? (I have seen a check valve stick and hold the brakes on.)Is the differential oil free of metal? Any damage to the final drive gears?Is the suspension working and properly greased?Please post the full machine serial number with your reply.