Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have lost all hydraulics on my 270ex steel track excavator.

Customer Question

i have lost all hydraulics on my 270ex steel track excavator. the machine acts as if the "safety lever" or "hydraulic cut-off lever" has been disengaged, however i have pulled the linkage and manually inspected the throw of the valve and it is operational. so my question is what do you believe it could be based off of that information? also where would i attach my pressure test kit to make sure the pump is pushing fluid to the valve block?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
I'm not a hitachi mechanic but sounds like a saftey soleniod has burnt out. Most manufactures use a soleniod to control the servo pressure to controls powered by the activation of the saftey lever in the cab. It is a commone failure point and you should be able to ohm out the coil and find it out of limits compared to a similar one from the same machine. sometime even swapping with another coil just to get it operation until a new part is aquired.