Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Can right side of cab, including fuel tank and hydraulic oil

Customer Question

Can right side of cab, including fuel tank and hydraulic oil tank be removed for access to rotation motor, without removing complete cab. No pics in my service manual.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello,If you can post the full machine serial number, I will see if I have a manual that will help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S/N PDSA00699
Symptoms: First I heard a sound like metal braking, then noticed a change in 'feeling', while rotating "upper", took out of service, removed floor mat and sensed some movement of swing motor reference the frame it is mounted to. Upper can still be made to swing either direction w/o obvious oil leak.
Assumption: One or both swing motor bolts are broken or loose.
Other info: I have service manual, parts book, and operators manual for this machine from Cat. About 3,000 hrs on the machine. Used rarely on a small farm. Service manual says, to remove swing motor, first remove cab. I could do this if necessary but would like to avoid disturbing all those hoses etc if practical. I see in my books where the swing motor is located, but I don't see access without removing cab. Even enough, to see and possibly replace the two bolts in question.
It's worth it to me to pay for your help in case there is another way to inspect and possible replace the two bolts. I mentioned I don't see a picture showing the fuel tank, hydraulic tank battery etc in that area removed, so that I could see if there is access to swing mtr. You mentioned trying to find a picture of area with tanks, battery CBs and cowling removed. Now that I am talking to you, I don't need a picture, just info re what all has to be removed to get access to the two bolts. Thx for your help, Al Jenney ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
I don't get to work on these mini machines in my area. The few that are here will go to the shop for repairs so, all I have is the same manual you have.I did check for service bulletins and did not find anything for the swing system.I will OPT-OUT of this question and maybe some of the other experts have done this repair and can help you better. You can always contact customer service for a refund if you do not get the help you are looking for.