Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Sir, I have a 2008 d4 dozer. It has 2100 hrs. It

Customer Question

Hello sir,
I have a 2008 d4 dozer. It has 2100 hrs. It started getting slow to tilt left and now has quit tilting left altogether. Right and all other operations are fine. Any ideas?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry no one as helped you. If you still need help, I will be glad to assist you.Can you please post the full machine serial number?Have you checked the cylinder piston? I have seen the bolt or nut get loose and this can cause the oil in the cylinder to bypass in one direction and not the other.Have you tried switching the relief valves for the tilt function? If trash is in the relief or it is damage, switching the reliefs will cause the problem to move to the other direction.Please let me know anything you have done and the machine serial number.