Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I own a 2002 New Holland TC 30. I am having an electrical

Customer Question

I own a 2002 New Holland TC 30. I am having an electrical sensor type problem. The tractor starts fine, but when I put it in gear (any gear), the motor shuts off. I have checked all fluids- A OK.
History:
Prior to this, I could not get the tractor to start unless the parking brake was engaged. (This is probably a factory safety device. However, I purchased it "used" and I have always been able to crank it without engaging the parking brake.) I can start the tractor but as soon as I disengage the parking brake the tractor shuts off. I bypassed the parking brake safety sensor and the tractor will start and continue running after the parking brake has been disengaged. Bot***** *****ne: it will run but but I can't go anywhere.
Advice please.
***** *****
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Check the seat switch and the harness to it. The tractor thinks there is no one in the seat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't do it. The seat safety device has been disconnected since before I purchased it. However, I'll check the wiring to the seat and see if anything has happened to it.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, good idea. Maybe the wiring harness has got pinched.