Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My mustang 2074 skid steer won't turn over, most times the

Customer Question

My mustang 2074 skid steer won't turn over, most times the instrument panel lights up when key is on, and sometimes nothing lights up at all. New battery, starter will turn over with bypass, all safety switches work, got it to start once since it has been having issues, but nothing lately. Problem started with s weak crank and evolved to current problems
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Power for the keyswitch and dash come from the posiitve post of the starter solenoid, same terminal the battery cable is on. You have power to the solenoid, so start there, and follow the power wire back to the fuse panel, and then to the keyswitch. Use a test light or voltmeter to follow the voltage until you lose it, the problem will be there! Bad wire, of fuse holder, or a bad connection.