Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My name is***** am self employed doing Heavy Equipment

Customer Question

My name is***** am self employed doing Heavy Equipment Repair [Bobby's Repair Service] ,most all of work is mobile on site A/C ,Welding, Hydraulics, PM Contracts ,most anything I feel I can handle, I have a6068TDW57 Powertech Engine that #6 main bearing
bolt [1] broke, the cheek of crank caught it ,threw it up into cam shaft ,wedged it against block ,broke cam, bent 5 push rods. There was NO DAMAGE to block,main cap or crank. I replaced cam, and bushing,rod &main bearings,rod & main BOLTS . All other 6068T'S
I have worked on have had Lucas or Standadyne Pumps, which I know how to time, this engine has a Denso Inline Pump and I need help on how to time it, I would consider myself Pro,having worked for Franklin Equipment Company 21 years before they shut the doors,
of which the last 5 years I was Senior Field Service Administrator, maybe thats why they closed the doors LOL Looking for help, Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this are you looking to install the pump, or it installed, and want to time it it has the 2 or 3 ear slotted mounting flange let me know please