Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

My new holland ls180 has 1200 hours - and that yard hours not

Customer Question

My new holland ls180 has 1200 hours - and that yard hours not hard hours - anyhow the thing is pratically uncontrolaable - it buckks like crazy - its real strong and runs great but seem like the bucking gets worse and worse with time - in other words in bounces forward and backward - you have to let it settle down to operate it .
So i can run it plenty fast on straight shots but if i move it around much at all it starts erratically bucking .
I have several other similar steer skid loaders here and they dont do that and they never have . Do you know whats causing this and can i fix it ? Its a 2002 model new holland LS 180 super boom - i love it - loads high - runs grat at 1200 hours no smoke - never had a single problem out of it excpet this bucking gets worse with hours - and all my other loaders do not buck and some of them have 5700 hours now
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, your problem isn't something that only your machine suffers from, all skid loaders that have manual linkage controls can have this problem. It's caused by one or more of the linkage components that connect the drive levers to the control shafts on the drive pumps is loose, and being a NH machine there's just no way I can tell you which component in the linkage is loose, there's just too many pieces/parts to the linkage on a NH. The plate that the operators seat mounts on should tilt upward to give access to the drive pumps and drive motors, that's about the best access you get on that machine as the cab doesn't tilt. Once you get the seat lifted up climb in the cab and inspect the workings of both left and right drive by moving the respective drive levers fwd and rev while viewing the linkage operation. Of course, this is with the engine not running, and it helps to be a 138 lb runt like me to stuff yourself in there. Check the linkage all the way to where it connects to the control shaft on the drive pumps, even that lever that connects to the control shaft can come loose. New Holland, Case, Deere, Bobcat, they all are subject to have this problem if they have mechanical linkage, and it makes it interesting to load and offload from a trailer, just gotta get in there and find the part of the drive linkage that's loose.
Any news on the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we are re building both cylinders now - then under the seat
Ok, I was just curious. Good luck with the cylinder repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are done repaced the gland - seals everything .
Now time to attempt to talk my skinny mechanic into looking in there - He said lets just take the whole plate off that the seat is mounted to ....
Thanks Jerry
BTW - this is us www.treechatt.com
Well how about that, I see you're in Choo Choo, I'm in Knoxville and have to go to Olin Chemical in Charleston tomorrow to work on a WA250 Komatsu. Small world.