Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

HAVE A 773G BOBCAT SKID STEER/ S/N-###-##-#### CONTROLS

Customer Question

HAVE A 773G BOBCAT SKID STEER/ S/N-###-##-####
CONTROLS WILL NOT UNLOCK. YOU CAN USE OVERRIDE SWITCH AND IT WILL TRAVEL,BUT NO LOADER FUNCTIONS. CHECKED CODES,SHOWING [NONE]
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, if there was an error or component failure that prevents operation you would hear three beeps from the alarm, that alerts you that there's an active fault and to check codes. With no beeps and no codes, it's likely something that the main controller isn't seeing as a fault. The traction lock override is designed to be used with the seat bar up, it allows you to move the machine while using a backhoe attachment or machine service while not using loader functions. The fact that the traction lock override is working tells us the left panel is at least communicating with the main controller, but that doesn't mean all is well with the left panel. The first question I have, assuming the BICS controller in the left panel is not faulty (one would thing you'd get beeps if it were not communicating), when you let the seat bar down, does the "Seat Bar"LED light up on the BICS panel? If not, it's likely a problem with the seat bar sensor, not sending a signal to the BICS controller that the seat bar is down. This would also explain why the traction lock override works, in that case, it thinks the seat bar is up which is the position it needs to be in for traction lock override to work. You can't test the seat bar sensor, it's a Hall Effect sensor, can't test it with a standard volt meter. Bobcat does have a tester for those things, can't recall how much it costs though. But if the seat bar light does not come on when you drop the lap bar I'd be looking at that sensor first before I suspect or condemn the BICS panel.