Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

6330 jd with 90 hrs has loud whin in the hyd system bill

Customer Question

6330 jd with 90 hrs has loud whin in the hyd system bill d
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the system is a standard not premium this is not a hyd hiss all fifter been change i own 3 6330 jd it sound like the noise is from the hyd pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email***@******.*** phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. When you changed the filters and checked the suction screen let me know if you found excessive metal or debris indicating a pump or other internal issues. If ok have the pressures checked and confirmed they are steady and within OEM specs. check for discoloration of the oil and also for signs of fine metal in the oil. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all filter change screen clean no metel hyd fluid change jd tec all pressure all ok spool check no loader on this tractor this tractor came from the factory constant flow load sening std on cab the whine is very load with nothing hook to the tractor jd teck say get use to it no hyd overheating by owing 6 6330jd i know this is not normal thank you bill d
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill, A load whine from the pump cavitation( air in the system and a pump problem). Check the suction strainer to see if it is plugged with debris starving the pump for oil. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean removing the pump from tractor thank bill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is this suction strainer located if it the one on the very botom or the rear end already check and clean bill
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bill Deere lists 3 different transmissions for this model. Copy and paste this link in your browser to access the parts catalog. Type your model, se4lect sectional index and then you can select the transmission model you have to access the breakdowns for your tractor to be sure you have the right info. Let me know
http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.homepageservlet_alt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could pull it up on jd part but the transmisson powquad 16f/16r
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could not pull it on jd part you sent me bill
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
The powerquad has the external filter so if it was clean from metal/debris and the oil is not burnt or discolored then that is a good sign that there is no sign of a failure occurring. This is what you will need to watch for. This has to be either pump noise or clutch noise internally. It will be hard to diagnose if it is not producing metal/ debris and the pressures are in specs unfortunately. Do you still have warranty on this tractor?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
these are the things the dealer is looking for and if this noise does lead to signs of failure they will then address it. You should expect some noise but it sounds like from what you are describing it is pretty excessive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even with 90 hr out of warranty i am pettry sure a hyd pump noise i have lemiated all other source do i replace the pump bill
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
If the noise is coming from the pump itself and it is not sucking air on the suction side then yes a new pump should take care of this if you do not want to take the chance of waiting for failure or the problem to get worse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE JD DEALER SAID THE ONLY WAY TO FIX THE NOISE IS CHANGE THE STANDARD GEAR SYSTEM TO A ACCUMLATOR SYSTEM IS THIS POSSIBLE WHAT WOULD NEED TO PURCHASE THANK BILL
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the update I have not done a conversion such as that so I will have to look into this for you to see what I can come up with for information or opt out as there is another expert by the name of Kevin on this site that might be more familiar with any conversion available through Deere