Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

L555 1987 will lift only 1200 lbs now and the tilting function

Customer Question

l555 1987 will lift only 1200 lbs now and the tilting function is also weak but everything else seems normal whats wrong?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. The most likely cause is either a faulty relief valve or a weak pump. Check the relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for damaged o rings or debris causing them to stick open. If ok check the hydraulic filter for signs of fine metal indicating a pump or component problem occurring. Also, Check the suction strainer to be sure it is not plugged with trash/debris starving the pump for oil. Let me know