Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a cat 303.5 and it has no hydraulic power very weak

Customer Question

I have a cat 303.5 and it has no hydraulic power very weak the engine runs fine and the longer it runs the weaker at the hydraulic gets
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I just started it back up and it runs like new again maybe there's a solenoid not working and restricting flow
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. First check for fine metal in the return hydraulic filter indicating a pump or component problem. If ok then check the relief valves in the main control valve for metal causing them to stick or damaged o rings causing a bypass of pressure. Finally testing your system pressures and confirming they are within specs is the next step id no metal or no relief valve problems are found. Here is a schematic and some troubleshooting info to help. Let me know. Schematic