Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on many road graders, Bull dozers , skid steers, Rollers
6825259

I have a 1996 cat 307c. When I put the tractor under a load(i.e.

Customer Question

I have a 1996 cat 307c. When I put the tractor under a load(i.e. tracking , digging). If the A/C is on the engine bogs dramatically and blows black smoke. I work in Arizona so A/C isn't a luxury , it is a requirement. Is this an issue that can be fixed? Or is it just normal?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this That sounds to me that the radiator or condenser in font of radiator is dirty or pluggedwhat is happening is the head pressure raises from the heat and lack of air flow, I suggest get a bottle of 409 multi perpous cleanerspray down real good both sides and then wash with a garden hose, Engine cold If this helped you, Please rate my answerIf not, please reply for more infoThank you