Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a john deere 850 J dozer with a 6 way blade my angle

Customer Question

I have a john deere 850 J dozer with a 6 way blade my angle cylinders will not hold pressure either way when pushing dirt they just fold in depending what side has the most pressure on it
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
One of the cylinders has blown internal seals, and it affects both,as they are teed together. You can test cylinders, run all the way one way or the other, figure out which hose is pressure on a cylinder. and remove he opposite hose on that cylinder. The pressure the cylinder again, if oil comes out the open hole, the cylinder is leaking, if oil comes from the removed hose, the opposite cylinder is the bad one.