Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

NEW HOLLAND LB75 BACKHOE....OUTRIGGERS EXTEND VERY SLOWLY WITH

Customer Question

NEW HOLLAND LB75 BACKHOE....OUTRIGGERS EXTEND VERY SLOWLY WITH LITTLE POWER ....RIGHT SIDE OUTRIGGER DOESN'T WANT TO RETRACT. DO YOU THINK IT IS A LINKAGE PROBLEM OR COULD IT BE A RESTRICTION IN THE VALVE BODY?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
email:***@******.*** (all lower case)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed. 918/429-5575
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** believe I have a manual on this unit at the shop. I would check the linkage operation for sure but also keep in mind the lock out valves they use on those applications and if they don't open to release the flow the cylinders will move very slowy or not at all. DO you feel any heat generated on the cylinder after running back and forth several times from lock to lock? Is there any straining or hissing sounds when trying to use the circuit? I will check tonight for info on the circ ut and possible pressure check points so you can continue troubleshooting. Thnanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The linkage operation seems to be working properly...was wondering if it might be adjustable and how it should be adjusted. I've never had to deal with lock out valves and would appreciate any info on their inspection and repair. No heat noticed on the cylinder operation, nor straining or hissing sounds. I am interested in the lock out valve investigation....that seems like a possible solution....the outriggers have been working slowly since I acquired the hoe 3-4 years ago although all other hydraulics seem to be working fine.
HERE IS SOME INFO ON THE SYSTEM YOU SHOULD HAVE.
THE EXTENDER IS ON THE SAME PUMP AND CIRCUIT, DOES THAT OPERATE PROPERLY?
THE LOCK VALVES ARE TO THE SIDES OF THE REAR OF MACHINE NOTED IN PICS.
I HOPE THIS INFO WILL HELP YOU FURTHER. THANKS