catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

Skidsteer 246 wont start think it might be seat switch replaced

Customer Question

skidsteer 246 wont start think it might be seat switch replaced arm switch how do you gget to seast switch
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry I missed you earlier.To access the seat switch you must raise the cab. To do this, remove the two bolts in each front corner of the cab. Use a 15/16" or 24mm socket and go under the bottom edge to remove the nut. The bolts have a lock plate on top and this will hold them while you remove the nut.You may need a pry bar to lift the cab slightly then you can push it up all the way to allow the safety catch to hold it.If you are seeing a flashing light on you dash, you problem may be deeper. Also do forget the check the door switch, if the controls do work correctly, the door switch can cause this without much warning.If you need further help, please post the full machine serial number with your reply.