Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Dan, Have a JCB 3CX 1999

Customer Question

Hi Dan, Have a JCB 3CX 1999 and trying to remove the forward/reverse switch. Seem as though I need to pull the steering wheel but it won't budge. Any suggestions?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
well hello, i don't see a picture on line for the area in question. i assume you remove a nut that was over the center of the wheel. some tips would be a steering wheel puller then with pressure on it tap the center of the puller to shock the component. another tip is to install the nut loosely on the wheel shaft again leaving a gap for the wheel to rise up. Using a air hammer carefully with a pointed bit place on shaft in the center allowing the nut to protect the threads and peanning. pull upwards on the wheel when vibrating the shaft with hammer. hope that will help, the penetrating oil will work its way in with the vibration of hammering.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dan,

Purpose of removing steering wheel was to remove the forward reverse switch which I have now done (after much difficulty!!). So no longer need to remove steering wheel. Tried your suggestion earlier but wheel didn't budge.

Thanks for answer but I request a refund of the $64.00 paid through PayPal OK?

i will advise customer service, thanks.