Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a takeuche tb 135 and the altenator -up, changed

Customer Question

I have a takeuche tb 135 and the altenator burnt-up, changed that but still can not get the batt. light to stop flashing
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Test the battery with a digital tester to be sure it passes with no dead cells or internal problems. If ok check the cables and connections including all grounds between the battery and starter and chassis. Also check the harness to the alternator to be sure there is no damage to the harness and connections. finally using a volt meter test the battery voltage which should be around 12.5 volts and with the engine running you should see 1-2 volts higher if the alternator is charging. If ok then you could have a problem with a bad ground or open/loose connection in the harness giving a false reading of a charging system problem. Let me knoe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14.30 with engine running, all grounds check out good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It all started when my operator crammed the wrong key in the ignition for about two days of operation
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update. Using a volt meter test for power in and out of the key switch in each position in case the key switch might have shorted internally causing power to jump across another terminal when there shouldnt be. Also check your relays by swapping with a known good one . That is where I would start. Let me know if we need to dig deeper.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.