Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

250 Skid steer I have a problem with park-go toggle button.

Customer Question

250 Skid steer I have a problem with park-go toggle button. Machine does not fully go into park,it wants to move with no pressure applied to operating stick right or left, maybe more force coming from one side. I had previously had problem of the switch coming out of go mode and stopping advancement of machine. The lift seems to work fine during this problem.
Has there been any recall on this? Now it has gotten to a saftey issue
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the full make, model and serial number of this machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John Deere 250 KV0250A150667
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update. Check the linkage for worn/loose/ sticking linkage from the controls to the control valve. Also check the control valve spool and reliefs for sticking internally or for debris or damaged o rings. Also check the filter for metal/debris indicating internal hydraulic pump or a component failure. To help with identifying the components copy and paste this link in your browser. type in your model, go to 250 skid loader, then you will be able to access the full parts breakdowns for this machine. Let me know the results and if you need more help.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? Let me know if you need more help or please feel free to rate if my information has helped as that is how the experts receive credit for their time on the site.