Leon Poston
Leon Poston,
Experience:  Owner at Han-Liv Inc.
11213383

I have a Takeuchi 1140 excavator with a 24 volt system. A

Customer Question

I have a Takeuchi 1140 excavator with a 24 volt system. A week ago we started having a problem starting the engine, it behaved like the batteries were weak. We jump started the machine easily by jumping one battery. The problem continued. We replaced the batteries without checking anything. The problem persisted. If we jump the battery that is not grounded to the machine frame we get 24 volts and the engine starts. We checked the ground from the batteries to the machine and the jumper battery between the batteries and replaced them with no improvement. Ideas?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Leon Poston replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Can you please explain how many batteries we are working with and how the are hooked together (pos to neg). I will do my best to help.