Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Engine light is on but it is yellow checked all fluids and

Customer Question

Engine light is on but it is yellow checked all fluids and they are fine do you have any ideas
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
What engine do you have? Is it a Cat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I own a Catapillar C9 motorhome the yellow light is on I have checked all my fluids and they are okay does anybody have an answer for me
Make: cat
Model: C9 425hp
Year: 2008
Will you attempt to fix yourself?: No
What have you tried so far?: So far I have checked all fluids they are okay
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.
Since the check engine light comes on. I would like to try and pull the codes by using the cruise control swltches. If you have never done this. Here is how.
Use the following procedure to retrieve the flash codes from the check engine light:
Turn the ignition key switch to the On position/ Engine OFF.
Turn the cruise control ON/OFF switch to the OFF position.
Move the SET/RESUME switch to either position. Hold that position until the yellow lamp begins to flash.
The yellow lamp will flash in order to indicate a two digit flash code and the SET/RESUME switch may be released. The sequence of flashes represents the system diagnostic message. Count the first sequence of flashes in order to determine the first digit of the flash code. After a two second pause, the second sequence of flashes will identify the second digit of the flash code.
Any additional flash codes will follow after a pause. These codes will be displayed in the same manner. Flash Code 55 indicates that No Detected Faults have occurred since the ignition key switch has been turned to the ON position.
Let me know what two digit code you get and I can tell you what the problem is.