Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Park brake light is on trans will not go in gear sometimes

Customer Question

Park brake light is on trans will not go in gear sometimes light is of then trans works park brake does not work
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What is the year make and model of your truck and engine and transmission make/model? Are you getting any fault codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 2003 621d. Case loader
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are looking to bypass the non working park brake this is a farm machine used to clean barns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how about a reply
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi I just got in. I had an emergency with my 5 year old daughter unfortunately. This is in the Med Heavy truck category instead of construction and road equipment. I help in both categories but I will e mail the site to correct this. What is your serial number of this machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jee0134078
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info. This machine has an accumulator in the park brake circuit. Check the accumulator for signs of oil on the nitrogen gas side which would indicate a faulty accumulator. There could also be a low nitrogen charge on the accumulator as well. Copy and paste this link in your browser for the online parts book to help you identify the components. Check for leaks or for worn brake pads or seized caliper at the park brake caliper on the driveline at the transmission. Let me know the results and if you need more help.