Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Loss of Control on 1/2 of both joysticks, have boom up and

Customer Question

Loss of Control on 1/2 of both joysticks, have boom up and down and bucket curl. No rotation or arm control. Is there a hydraulic filter for the joysticks. CAT 313 SBR
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the in tank return filter and oil for signs of metal( Metallic glitter )indicating a potential pump or component problem. Also in the pump compartment there should be a small aluminum canister which is your pilot strainer. Check that for metal as well indicating a pilot pump failure or problem. On the main control valve for each circuit you will have relief cartridges that regulate the circuit pressures. Remove them and inspect them one at a time for debris and damaged o rings causing a bypass of pressure. Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not 100% sure where pilot strainer is
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
It will usually be remote mounted behind the hydraulic tank near the sight glass. It is a small aluminum canister with a hex at the bottom. You unthread the canister from the housing and the strainer element is inside.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.