Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

To the catmastertech technician , that help me before, I

Customer Question

to the catmastertech technician , that help me before, I don't resolve the problem of the caterpillar excavator M 318, the engine work direct ,without the monitoring systems. when I start the engine and I use the pilot left and right to lift the bucket
the engine go down it look like the oil don't release and the hose to the pilot became hot. it's look it's lock the oil to the engine and the engine slow down and stop working when I lift the bucket, it lift the bucket a little and then it shut down. please
send me the answer to my other email address***@******.*** , regards ***** *****
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I can get the answer of my problem
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please note this is a public website and any information posted here is viewed by everyone.We cannot contact you any other way than through this website per policy.You did not reply to the previously posted question and I did not get paid for any of my time. I am not certain of what you are asking. Are you repairing the electrical problem, an engine problem or a hydraulic problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I tried every thing, but the bucket don't lift up , the engine slow down and shotdown, it looks that the oil don't release, what is the problem of it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I am sorry for the inconvenience of my replies. I work during the day and answer questions a few hours at night. I cannot contact you directly as it would interfere with my day job. I think you are saying the hydraulic pump is loading the engine down and will not allow the engine to crank or rotate. If this is true, a hydraulic valve is stuck and oil is being applied to a circuit. This should cause something to move if the engine will rotate any or the load is just to great. You could remove the pressure line from each pump and see if the engine will turn freely but, this will make a mess and send oil everywhere. If you can make a hose to run over to a barrel, that might keep the mess low.If this does not help, remove the pump far enough back to get it out of the pump drive of the flywheel and see if the engine will turn over. If the engine still does not want to turn, the engine may have failed.