Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

We have a Xl5100 gradall s/n 513150 when you step foot brake

Customer Question

we have a Xl5100 gradall s/n 513150 when you step foot brake clutch goes down .also when you apply digging brake air leaks from foot brake
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If air is backfeeding through the foot brake valve either the seals in the valve are bypassing internally or you have one of the release valves sticking or leaking internally causing pressure to backfeed. Check the foot brake valve to see if the plunger is sticking in its bore or not fully returning to the top as there is spring pressure that pushes it back to the top. Check to be sure the pedal moves freely and it is not stiff or seizing at the hinge point either. Let me know