Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Have an 1840 case skidloader I changed the loader control

Customer Question

[ have an 1840 case skidloader I changed the loader control valve the boom goes up and down but the bucket will not do anything I have moved the lines to see if got them crossed it still does not work I checked the lines at the bucket has lots of presure
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
If you have pressure at the bucket cylinders, you either have the bucket cylinders hosed wrong, or you have a cylinder problem. Look a the bucket lines and be sure the cylinders are plumbed base to base and rod end to rod end. The lines tee, and if you have one hose hooked to the base and other hooked to the rod end of cylinder, it will not move. If hoses are correct, find pressure hose when you work the lever in one direction, and remove the opposite hose on a cylinder, then pressure up the system again in same direction as before, if oil comes from the open cylinder, the cylinder is bad, if it comes out of the removed hose, the opposite cylinder is bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what cylinder are u talking about the cylinder on the boom
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The two bucket cylinders that don't work!