Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a Bobcat 730 4 cyl gas engine, it is building up carbon on the

Customer Question

I have a Bobcat 730 4 cyl gas engine, it is building up carbon on the plugs after running for short periods of time (1/2 Hr - 2 Hrs). It will continue to run but then wont start after I shut it down until I clean the plugs. I have leaned out the low idle mixture, but it seems to do this even when running it at half speed the entire time.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Mitsubishi engine? Is the air filter system clean and not restricted? The black soot is to much fuel or too little air. Is the choke plate in the carburetor fully open? The needle valve and float in the carburetor have to control the gas flow to the engine, is the needle valve and float shutting off the gas when the float rises? Have you cleaned the carburetor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check these and respond asap.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks.