dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic
Experience:  Road Mechanic for Volvo Construction Equipment.
11640745

I have a new Holland 865 and it will lift the boom and roll

Customer Question

I have a new Holland 865 and it will lift the boom and roll the bucket with a load, put a load on it and it will not lift if. the filters were changed in March of this year
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, you will need to check your pressure and possible cylinder packing's. If the pump pressure is to low or a relief is open then the machine will be under powered. One way to check cylinders without taking them apart is to stoke in one direction and hold it there for 60 seconds. go out and touch the barrel to see if it hot indicating leakage inside the cylinder. Be advises a completely blown packing will not build heat just transfer fluid. does the boom and bucket stay in the position you leave them in or drift indicating a fault is seals.
Hello, just a follow up, did you need additional help? Please remember to rate our service so I can get credit if I was able to assist you with your question. feel free to ask follow up to original question as needed. Thanks, Dan