Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Have a 1997 763 bobcat the fuel solenoid out during last

Customer Question

have a 1997 763 bobcat the fuel solenoid burnt out during last snow storm. put in a new wiring harness plus the solenoid. now i have now power any where wont start, but i noticed the lite switch has power, nothing else. battery fully charged. need advice. rich
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Sorry for long delay.
Do you have 12 volts at starter and alternator charge cable?
You replaced engine harness or another harness?
You say you checked all fuses did you check them for power or just if they where good or bad?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
12 volts at battery, 8.7 at starter replaced harness to fuel shut off, comes with the fuel shut off, checked fuses for power rich
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Is that 8.7 volts during cranking at starter? if not it should be over 12 volts.
How may wires at fuel shutoff solenoid?
Check all battery connections,,, clean and repair as needed.
To jump starter apply power to small post or S terminal on starter from battery positive which is power cable at starter.
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, there is about 6 wires coming out of the side of the starter distributed to varius circuits. the starter does not turn with the key.. .I sent the burnt out fuel shut off out to order a new one . The wiring harness that goes to the fuel shut off has 3 prong connector. The s terminal i believe is on the starter solenoid, back side, which i can't get at unless taking off starter. Is there a super fuse on the starter side or after the battery, or above the battery, like every one on the forum says there is ??? Rich
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
The starter won't turn with key with only 8v at starter but that does tell you the other fuse is good or you would have no power at starter.
Let me see If I can find a wiring diagram and have my coffee and wake up so I can think.
Talk soon
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rich,
I can't seem to find my manual on the 763 I have 753,and 773 missing 763. I emailed another expert to see if he has one but I will get you started with some info.
Those 6 wires coming off starter power everything on accessory circuits including the shutdown solenoid.
The shut down solenoid 3 wires are as follows.
one is ground all the time,just ohm to engine block to see which one.
One is for the solenoid pull coil,, only has power during cranking.
one is hold coil,,has power once all safety items are confirmed such as seat switch,,pto,lap bar ect.,
Those 6 wires coming off starter may also be fusible links so check each one for power,, 12 volts.
If voltage is low you may need to pull starter and look at power cable connections it may have got burned up and is not making good contact.
Let me know what you come up with and hopefully by then the other expert will have got back to me.
talk soon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that you were waiting for a wiring diagram. We havent done any thing yet, every thing you wanted me to check has already been done. Rich
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Did you not see my last few replies, I said I could not find my manual and thats where diagrams are,,the other expert I emailed has not got back to me.
Did you pull starter and check power cable connections?
Both power and ground cables.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that thats why I am consulting you an expert. Please tell me if you have no Idea so im not wasting my time! rich
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have full battery voltage at the starter solenoid? I don't see where you ever answered that question! If not, you have a bad cable between the battery ad the solenoid. As for no power to the dash, the fusible link will be on the ground circuit near the starter. it will look like a fuse solder into a wire, and has to be checked with ohmmeter. Or bypassed for test.